The school opened on January 25, 1937 with an enrolment of 60. The original facilities, costing 750 pounds to erect, comprised three rooms flanked by an eastern veranda. Four Presentation Sisters, Mother Ursula, Mother Patrick, Sister Conleth and Sister Agnes, founded the community.
In 1966 the original building was demolished and replaced with a modern complex costing $79000. The new school opened with an enrolment of 235. The first lay principal began in 1980 with the sisters leaving the school during the 1990s.
Further development took place during the 1980s and early 1990s and the community established a redevelopment master plan in 2000. This major refurbishment was completed in 2007.
CTK continues to operate as a quality school where every teacher knows every child by name.